The TARDIS as seen on the first episode of Doctor Who, 1963.
New rule…first ever fucking TARDIS Always fucking reblog
"My body, my choice" only makes sense when someone else’s life isn’t at stake.
Fun fact: If my younger sister was in a car accident and desperately needed a blood transfusion to live, and I was the only person on Earth who could donate blood to save her, and even though donating blood is a relatively easy, safe, and quick procedure no one can force me to give blood. Yes, even to save the life of a fully grown person, it would be ILLEGAL to FORCE me to donate blood if I didn’t want to.
See, we have this concept called “bodily autonomy.” It’s this….cultural notion that a person’s control over their own body is above all important and must not be infringed upon.
Like, we can’t even take LIFE SAVING organs from CORPSES unless the person whose corpse it is gave consent before their death. Even corpses get bodily autonomy.
To tell people that they MUST sacrifice their bodily autonomy for 9 months against their will in an incredibly expensive, invasive, difficult process to save what YOU view as another human life (a debatable claim in the early stages of pregnancy when the VAST majority of abortions are performed) is desperately unethical. You can’t even ask people to sacrifice bodily autonomy to give up organs they aren’t using anymore after they have died.
You’re asking people who can become pregnant to accept less bodily autonomy than we grant to dead bodies.
did anyone else do that thing when they were in elementary where you write T H I S on your knuckles and a stick figure on one palm and a scribble on the other and you go “this is bob bob says hi this is bob when the car comes by” thing. that was messed up.
In australia we had a similar thing I guess not as messed up. We would draw a bug on our palm and it would be “THIS IS buggy, buggy say hi, clap for buggy (then we would clap and show a squished bug on the other palm) buggy died”
i feel like i should say something about this
this is “HaileTheTurtle” and she used to make these comics on deviantart. yes, the comics are dumb and childish and she uses memes and words like “le” and they are very easy to make fun of, but she was not hurting anybody with it.
a bunch of low lives from 4chan who had found her account posted these comics everywhere, making fun of her. they bullied her on deviantart, posted the pictures to a subreddit called /r/cringepics, and edited her pictures. they hacked into her account, tracked her ip, found her address, and sent her threats. here is something someone wrote on 4chan. eventually, she couldn’t take it anymore and deleted her account, and people reported that she moved. she was bullied so much that she actually had to move out of her house because of some childish comics she had made for her enjoyment.
it’d be cool if we could not make fun of her on tumblr too. i’m sure she’s really tired of it.
if someone says they dont want to be touched
- dont touch them
- dont fucking touch them
- actually dont touch them
- dont continue to fucking touch them after they make it clear they are uncomfortable
- THIS ISNT FUCKING HARD DONT FUCKING TOUCH THEM
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too